The Amazing Audio Engine
No, that’s really not an exaggeration at all:
- Effortless creation of live audio content with objects, blocks, or Audio Units and looping audio file players.
- Automatic mixing of multiple audio signals with per-channel volume and pan controls.
- Built-in support for audio filtering and effects, with support for Audio Units, blocks or object filters.
- Rich audio input support with sophisticated multi-channel support.
- Deep Audiobus inter-app audio system support.
- Sophisticated system output recording and monitoring for in-app session recording or analysis.
- Arbitrary audio format support: Interleaved, non-interleaved, mono, stereo, 16-bit, floating-point – whatever you need.
- Built-in audio file reading and writing, with support for all Core Audio-supported formats.
- Support for pinpoint-accurate timestamp based timing and alarm mechanisms.
- Very light, efficient C engine, designed from the ground up for speed.
- Fast, lock-free synchronisation between main and audio threads.
- High-quality documentation with sample code and a developer forum.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)