Tutorial: Flex for Android in 90 Minutes
If you are looking for a quick way to get started building Flex applications for Android (even if you don’t have an Android device), check out this tutorial: FlexAndroid90Minutes.pdf.
You can download the supporting materials here: FlexAndroid90Minutes.zip.
This tutorial will be posted as a DevNet article in a couple of weeks, but I already wanted to make it available here because a number of people have asked for it. It is based on the hands-on session I delivered at MAX, with additional information and instructions.
Here is a quick outline:
- Part 1: Creating a Basic Mobile Application
- Part 2: Using Mobile Item Renderers
- Part 3: Navigating and Passing Information between Views
- Part 4: Creating an Action Bar
- Part 5: Integrating with the Device Capabilities (Dialer, SMS, Email)
- Part 6: Using a RemoteObject
- Part 7: Using a Local SQLite Database
In this tutorial, you build a fully functioning Employee Directory application. The end result is the application available on the Android Market. (Just search “Employee Directory” in the Android Market).
As always I appreciate your feedback to continue to improve the tutorial.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)